A HORRORWALKER FOOTSTEP

A HORRORWALKER FOOTSTEP

Donation Support Button

Do you like the horror you experience when you come here? Then, Please share the horror.

Tell your friends about... The Fourth Line Of Horror!

Don't worry, I'll protect them from the horror...
Even as I give it to them!

RLJ



Saturday, April 23, 2016

I HAD TO LEARN ENGLISH IF I WANTED TO EAT (AN EXCERPT)


HORROR FICTION



When a man comes to one land from another land,
He pretty much better learn the language, 
If it is different from his own.
I ran headlong into that situation a very long time ago.
And as it turned out...
I Had To Learn English If I Wanted To Eat!

RDL






I HAD TO LEARN ENGLISH IF I WANTED TO EAT  (AN EXCERPT)

(San Francisco, California)


...The first poem I wrote in English was all the way back in... let's see... it was June of 1847.
I was living in San Francisco... I don't remember how I got there... and I needed to learn English.
I slept all day... and I spent the early part of my nights in St. Mary's Mission learning the language.
Afterward, I would hunt down a midnight meal... preying was so easy back then... study a little... write a little... and then gently close my coffin to start all over again the next night....

RDL

No comments:

Post a Comment